Note that the division between core and plugin should be the importance of each feature, not size.
- For the format, it could be anything.
- Use Sandbox for the outer side.
- Use a variant of WorkerDOM inside.
- Host: The main thread app
- Guest: Untrusted, third-party app that should be containerized.
Primary goals in Demo
- Non-blocking (Guests' operation cannot affect the normal execution of the Host.)
- Isolated (Guests can never unauthorizedly affect the Host)
- Submissive (the Host can forcefully shut down guests)
We should start from isolation. Then, the next step is to investigate how deep isolation iframe Sandbox provides.
Today's Hacker News
- An Isolate Cloud is. Similarly, a compute abstraction uses only the application code and the most minimal package possible.
Deno envisions a Vercel-like experience for the backend (FaaS.)