Building a Second Brain
- In the middle of reading this book, I realized that the term Digital Brain, Second Brain, Digital Garden, and PKM are used interchangeably, they are not quite the same.
- I have organized them in the following manner.
|Second Brain||Implementation for augmenting your thoughts.|
|Digital Garden||Implementation for documenting your knowledge.|
|PKM||Architecture for Digital Garden.|
|PARA||Architecture for Second Brain.|
- Digital Brain is a digitally implemented Second Brain.
|Second Brain||Digital Garden|
|Notes are in Britannica Style||Notes are in Wikipedia Style|
|Allows foldering||Prohibits foldering|
|Allows archiving||Prohibits archiving|
|Focuses on managing different projects that grow into a creative garage||Focuses on creating and tending Evergreen notes posts that grow into a knowledge base|
I like the CODE Procedure in PARA architecture as a project management system, which does more than PKM. To be exact, PKM only takes care of the Resource section in PARA.
How we think about browsers
- GitHub plans to switch to ES2020 with optional chaining and nullish coalescing.
- Most GitHub users use fairly up-to-date browsers.