Chris Lattner of LLVM and Swift fame just announced a new programming language for ML that is high-performance and backward compatible with Python (works with Python libraries). It could be a game-changer. pic.twitter.com/QO6lAxN0ZN
— Amjad Masad ⠕ (@amasad) May 2, 2023
- Mojo is a new programming language designed specifically for artificial intelligence (AI) developers, with features that streamline the AI development process and make it easier to read and write code.
- Developed by the University of Washington researchers, Mojo is optimized for running on graphics processing units (GPUs) and other specialized hardware commonly used for AI research and development.
- Mojo's creators hope it will help democratize AI development, making it more accessible and manageable for programmers of all levels to create sophisticated AI applications.
- Mojo's technical advancements, such as ownership and no garbage collection, give it an edge over competitors while still supporting current Python ecosystems
- Mojo faces competition from Triton, TVM, OpenXLA, and ONNX Runtime but offers a new option for machine learning and AI developers