Letter to Mr. Gustav Ekerot on 2023-02-24
- Letter to Mr. Gustav Ekerot on 2023-02-24
Dear Mr. Ekerot,
I am Sunghyun — The one who sent you 10s of emails since the early days of tabExtend. I hope you are doing well. It's been a long time since we last spoke, and I'm reaching out to see how you've been doing.
I wanted to let you know that I recently changed my email address from [email protected] to [email protected]. If you need to reach me, please use this new email address.
Also, I've been keeping a research journal on https://cho.sh these days. It's a convenient platform for me to organize my thoughts and ideas. If you're interested, feel free to check it out.
I have a question about your extension, tabExtend. I recently switched to Firefox and noticed the extension is unavailable on the Firefox Add-ons Store. Do you have any plans to add it? As far as I know, Firefox can "straight up" run Chrome extensions, so I imagine uploading it to the Firefox Add-ons Store wouldn't take long. It would take a maximum of 10 minutes.
Please let me know your thoughts on this. I appreciate your time and hope that you are doing well.
Best Regards, Sunghyun Cho
- Got a positive reply.
- Current works: tabOS
Alternatives to After Effects
Dear Mr. Ekerot,
Wow, I have not heard of such things. Jitter looks precisely like what I was looking for. I'll take a closer look later and update the website.
tabOS looks way cleaner, and I like the interface a lot. I used it for a couple of minutes, and some first thoughts:
- Love the double-click interface. It does feel like an OS. If I were using a Chromebook, this is the first extension I would install.
- Animations are way more fluid and polished, pushing further from the already-masterpiece tabExtend.
- That being said, some of the space does seem redundant and may be utilized better. For example, the lack of Kanban like tabExtend is a huge dealbreaker for me.
- Finally, I would like the possibility of tabExtend or tabOS coming to FF 🔥🦊 ❤🔥
That said, you made me have a shower-thought if there was "The One and Only WebExtension" for Firefox and Safari. It will essentially be a VM of Chrome Extensions — This One and Only WebExtension will install Chrome Extension within itself and proxy all of the requests to Safari & FF. Ultimately it will bring the entire Chrome Extension Library to Firefox and Safari. Maybe I'll build it one day and paywall it to install more than 5 extensions or so. 🤣
Anyways. Your teams always inspire me, given how small, fast, and powerful you are. I hope you keep up your great work!