What Went Well:
- Live Launch — capitalized on the live audience at Troy DEMO, using QR codes to facilitate immediate upvotes.
- Active Promotion — aggressively promoted your product across multiple social media platforms from the start to the end of the day.
- Engagement — actively monitored and responded to comments on ProductHunt, even engaging with the platform's founder.
- Prepared Assets — had all necessary promotional materials, like videos and banners, ready beforehand.
Areas for Improvement:
- Audience Familiarity — Many people who scanned the QR code weren't ProductHunt users, limiting the number of upvotes you could get.
- Timing — The launch coincided with a busy academic period, reducing engagement.
- Presentation Glitch — A mistake in the final slide of the pitch impacted your ranking and potential upvotes.
- Last-Minute Prep — Preparation started too late, limiting your ability to build anticipation.
- Strategic Timing — didn't consider the optimal time of the month for launching, missing out on potential accolades like Product of the Day or Month.
- Lack of Research — didn't sufficiently study successful launches or understand how "hunters" on the platform behave.
- Competition — The competitors launching on the same day can affect the ranking, something the team should have considered.