LavaLab Cohort of Spring 2023.
More Info-focused Startups
- Brief aims to solve info overload for news readers
- Documate aims to solve info overload for PDF-manual based industry, most notably the hardware industry
- Codeflow gives visual information about your codebase.
- Hive gives One and only search interface to fish your query.
- Firefly captures lost information of Broken Feedback Loop.
- All tools use some GPT or Semantic Analysis.
This was expected.
LavaLab mostly revolved around consumer products. This time around, there are more DX-focused startups.
Jump into the sudden void of power
After Zenly shut down, many players target that power void. It will be the most guaranteed way to success, with one catch — it's a winner-takes-all market.
I loved how Hive demoed their app. To demonstrate their semantic search, they made a cross puzzle to make me try out the search functions.
It is a user review collector, but it also collects console results, cookies, and stack traces, making it super easy to collect user feedback with technical details — like Channel.io level easy.
News recommending app, just like Artifact, but it shows a one-liner explanation, so you don't need to dive into the article. A similar approach to Project Heimdall, by attempting Algorithmic Recommendation Engine for Texts.
Visualizes the dependencies of internal code and function calls. Similar to IntelliJ Flow.
Search-based Tools for Thought for Teams. Given you connect your Google Workspace, Slack, Figma, etc., it will work as a super search.
A digital library for your cosmetics & skincare product.